2024 Summer Internship Scout Analyst - Los Altos
- Develops various reports on external trends, startups, markets, competitor landscapes, or internal reviews, documentation, metrics, dashboards, summaries and shares them with relevant stakeholders.
- Compiles team performance metrics, analyzes data, adding insights, and creates dashboards, graphs or other visualizations to highlight key outcomes.
- Builds and maintains key relationships across State Farm (including State Farm Ventures).
- Grows knowledge in a variety of emerging technologies (e.g., Data, AI/ML, IoT, Cybersecurity, etc.).
- Identifies relevant trends, the potential implications to our business and opportunities for new products/services.
- Conducts research on companies, provides analysis/insights, creates market maps, to support stakeholder evaluation, including evaluation of potential venture investments and/or pilot tests.
- Participate in complex work assignments and contribute to deliverables or strategic assignments.
- Collaborate with other analysts on completing their assignments.
We Are Looking For the Following:
- Current Juniors majoring in business (e.g., marketing, business administration, entrepreneurship) or communications (e.g., journalism, communications) with a focus in technology
- GPA 3.2/4.0 preferred qualification
- Strong learning agility and ability to manage multiple priorities simultaneously
- Strong sense of curiosity about technology, markets, and innovation as a whole
- Strong verbal communication skills -- sharing perspectives with the team and managing business relationships
- Strong written communication skills -- creating reports, presentations and other visuals to showcase information
- Familiarity with Corporate Venture Capital (CVC), startups or entrepreneurship is a plus
Selected interns must reside within the continental U.S. for the duration of the summer internship.
For Los Angeles candidates: Pursuant to the Los Angeles Fair Change Initiative for Hiring, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories.
For San Francisco candidates: Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
For California, Colorado, Connecticut, New York and Washington State candidates:
Benefits: Interns are benefits-ineligible, except for Life Leave
SPONSORSHIP: Applicants are required to be eligible to lawfully work in the U.S. immediately; employer will not sponsor applicants for U.S. work authorization (e.g. H-1B visa) for this opportunity
We are not just offering an internship but the opportunity for a meaningful career!
Come join our passionate team!