Investigation Student Trainee
**Please Email all Required Documents to Candice Dow (email@example.com)**
Location: AmeriCorps Office of Inspector General (OIG), Office of Investigations
Position: Investigation Student Trainee
Schedule: Part-Time Investigative Intern in the Office of Investigations
Pay Rate: $15.00 per hour
Who May Apply: U.S. Citizens
Max Number of Applicants: 25 – this vacancy will be unlisted once a total of 25 applications are received
Cover Letter (optional)
Desired Educational Requirements: Undergraduate Degree seeking in Criminal Justice, Forensics, Political Science, Public Safety, Law, Paralegal Studies, Psychology, Sociology, Accounting, or one full years of progressively higher-level graduate education leading to such a degree, in Criminal Justice, Business, LL.B or J.D., or related fields of study.
The Investigative Intern will assist the Office of Investigations in the planning and execution of investigations related to suspected violations of laws of the United States and rules and regulations of AmeriCorps.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Explore raw data extracted from a wide variety of Federal, public, and financial sources, and analyze to uncover trends or evidence of fraud, waste, abuse, and mismanagement of federal funds and document related findings.
- Work with Special Agents on ongoing investigations, create, review, and edit research memoranda and basic financial spreadsheets, and draft reports summarizing investigation steps and findings.
- Work with Special Agents to learn how to process evidence, including copying documentary evidence, tabulate information and figures for Special Agents to use in investigations, prepare exhibits for potential use in trial, assemble investigative case files, and review documentation to ensure completeness and consistency.
- Attend meetings with Special Agents and program staff to assist in the development and implementation of various OIG initiatives.
- Undertakes other matters relevant to the mission of the OIG and the Office of Investigations, as assigned.