BorgWarner Morse Systems in Ithaca, New York has an opening for a Safety Co-op. The Co-op Program is dedicated to encouraging fulfilling experiences that develop each student’s talent, molding them into the outstanding professionals of tomorrow. We value each intern’s creativity, depend on their passion to succeed and believe in the difference they can make. Above all, The program provides the opportunity for each person to perform as a valuable player in their department’s team, within a stimulating, meaningful and supportive environment.
Work with the Safety and Operations groups in the day-to-day functions required to run our business:
- Develop and maintain programs and procedures designed to reduce occupational and non-occupational incidents, injuries and illnesses.
- Promote health and safety awareness throughout the organization through effective employee communications, participation, and programming.
- Develop, assist, and conduct training programs on related safety topics.
- Responsible for identifying hazardous workplace conditions.
- Support in the creation of and sustaining of a positive safety culture.
- Provide valuable feedback on Incident Investigations.