Paid Internship - Apprenticeship with Schwab
Hope you are doing good. This is Waseem with Experis/Manpower group, and I am reaching out to you regarding the Apprenticeship with Schwab (Paid internship) Role with one of our premium clients that I have available. Here is the brief Job Description. If interested, then please respond back with an updated resume and your availability for a quick call.
Location: Austin, Denver, Omaha, St.Louis
Duration: 7 months + with possibility of extension
This is a paid opportunity that begins on September 12, 2022 and extends until April 28, 2023.
There are two shifts available =
- Monday-Friday from 8 AM – Noon
- Monday-Thursday from 12:30 PM – 4:30 PM and Friday from 11 AM – 3 PM
(For any students graduating in December, the program will run from September 12, 2022 and extend until January 13, 2023, with the shift option being Monday-Friday from 8 AM – Noon.)
This position is a great entry level opportunity for Juniors and Seniors to gain exposure to the brokerage industry with potential for full time employment upon graduation. While this program is within the Finance industry, students of all backgrounds will be considered. The primary skills needed are an open mind to new experiences, a passion for helping others, a desire to exceed client service expectations, and an interest in learning more about the Financial Services industry.
As a Client Service & Support Apprentice, you will gain a meaningful understanding of multiple aspects of the Financial Services industry. Our program is designed to show you CAREERS at Charles Schwab.
As a member of a high-caliber team, you will work together throughout the Fall & Spring semesters. The program Capstone is a group case-study project and Final presentation(s) to Senior Management.
- Academic knowledge
In addition to the training that you’ll receive to learn how to exceed the expectations of our clients, you will receive financial knowledge to help with your own investing. You will also receive personal/professional development education and opportunities.
- Real-world Experience & Education
- You will not only receive the training necessary to assist clients of Charles Schwab (or TD Ameritrade, a fully owned subsidiary of Schwab), you will also apply what you learned in a real-world setting by assisting our clients via phone. We will teach you what it means to look at situations ‘through clients’ eyes”.
- Roundtables & Shadowing
- Your learning experience is highlighted by roundtable interactions with multiple leaders and business partners, as well as the opportunity to shadow and learn about many departments at Schwab - including equity and options trading, client service, sales, brokerage clearing, and various other supporting segments of our firm.
- Provide direct, real-time support to Schwab or TD Ameritrade clients via inbound phone calls in a fast-paced, market-sensitive environment.
- Demonstrate a sense of urgency and commitment to provide the highest level of client service
- Communicate clearly and professionally with clients, employees, mentors and management through both verbal and written correspondence
- Work as a member of a high-caliber team to solve problems
- This position is targeted to college students in their academic Junior or Senior year
- All majors will be considered if student can demonstrate a strong desire to work in a Client Service environment and learn more about the Financial Services industry
- Two years of experience working in a service-oriented role is a plus, but not required
- An understanding of basic Internet operations and knowledge of Windows based programs which require intermediate computer skills
- Ability to quickly assimilate and understand computer systems and applications
- Ability to make decisions and operate efficiently in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to perform multiple tasks and efficiently organize work
- Military experience may be substituted in lieu of education and/or experience
Mohammed Waseem Akram.
7300 West 110th St. - Suite 800
Overland Park, KS 66210
C:414 260 5703
Check out our current openings at www.experisjobs.us