Low-Latency Strategy Development Internship, Summer 2023
Akuna Capital is an innovative trading firm with a strong focus on collaboration, cutting-edge technology, data driven solutions and automation. We specialize in providing liquidity as an options market-maker – meaning we are committed to providing competitive quotes that we are willing to both buy and sell. To do this successfully we design and implement our own low latency technologies, trading strategies and mathematical models.
Our Founding Partners first conceptualized Akuna in their hometown of Sydney. They opened the firm’s first office in 2011 in the heart of the derivatives industry and the options capital of the world – Chicago. Today, Akuna is proud to operate from additional offices in Sydney, Shanghai, London, Boston, and Austin.
What you’ll do as a Low-Latency Strategy Development Intern at Akuna:
Akuna’s Quantitative Trading and Research team creates trading strategies scientifically by combining its quantitative expertise with a sophisticated understanding of derivatives and financial markets. The team is looking to add Low-Latency Strategy Development Interns for our 10-week internship, Akunacademy, who have strong low-latency programming skills, innovative ideas, and analytical thinking to make a direct and measurable impact on our trading decisions and performance.
Successful candidates in this role will:
- Work closely with Traders and Researchers to understand and propose solutions for business and trading problems.
- Design and develop low latency trading strategies, pricing models, order execution logic, and performance optimizations.
- Analyze and incorporate new market signals into our C++ trading systems and strategies.
- Advance existing trading strategy and research codebase and propose new solutions and improvements.
Requirements for this role:
- BS/MS/PhD degree in a technical field – Engineering, Computer Science, Math, Physics (or related subject) must be completed upon employment.
- Strong programming skills in C++ (Python is a plus).
- Experience in object-oriented programming.
- A basic understanding of probability, statistics, calculus, and linear algebra.
- Entrepreneurial attitude with the desire and ability to learn the intricacies of the financial markets and our strategies.
- Desire to continuously improve your skills and our codebase.
- Legal authorization to work in the U.S. is required on the first day of employment including F-1 students using CPT, OPT or STEM.
- Must graduate by August 2024.
Qualities that make great candidates:
- A deeper understanding of any of the following fields: CPU architecture, operating systems, networking, distributed systems, algorithms, concurrency models.
- Knowledge of machine learning, statistical modeling, and time series analysis.
- Exposure to financial markets and trading.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.