Monroe Capital is seeking an intern to join the Accounting team for 15 hours per week. This role will be responsible for supporting the Accounting team primarily focused on cash management and the timely review and processing of invoices. Additionally, the Intern will assist with the day-to-day accounting functions for several of the Firm’s fund structures, which include 20+ closed-end private investment funds.
· Assist in the treasury function for several funds (cash forecasting, invoice review and allocation, and bill payment)
· Preparation of accounting support packages and coordination with the 3rd party fund administrator for multiple entities, including operating expenses and account reconciliations
· Perform review of monthly/quarterly trial balances prepared by the 3rd party fund administrator
· Coordinate the preparation and review of quarterly financial reporting and investor capital statements for the private funds
· Annual audit coordination and assistance in the review and preparation of audited financial statements
· Assist with investor reporting and coordinate the capital call and distribution process with the 3rd party fund administrator
· Pursuing a Bachelor degree in Accounting/Finance
· Preferred candidate background would include:
o Well organized self-starter with high energy, creativity and thoughtfulness
o Detail oriented
o Ability to successfully manage multiple tasks, projects and deadlines
o Proficient in Microsoft Excel
Monroe Capital LLC
Monroe Capital LLC (“Monroe”) is a premier boutique asset management firm specializing in private credit markets across various strategies, including direct lending, asset-based lending, specialty finance, opportunistic and structured credit, and equity. Since 2004, the firm has been successfully providing capital solutions to clients in the U.S. and Canada. Monroe prides itself on being a value-added and user-friendly partner to business owners, management, and both private equity and independent sponsors. Monroe’s platform offers a wide variety of investment products for both institutional and high net worth investors with a focus on generating high quality “alpha” returns irrespective of business or economic cycles. The firm is headquartered in Chicago and maintains offices in Atlanta, Boston, Los Angeles, Naples, New York, San Francisco, and Seoul.
Monroe has been recognized by both its peers and investors with various awards including Global M&A Network as the 2022 Small Mid-Markets Lender of the Year, Americas; Private Debt Investor as the 2021 Senior Lender of the Year, 2021 Lower Mid-Market Lender of the Year, Americas; Creditflux as the 2021 Best U.S. Direct Lending Fund; and Pension Bridge as the 2020 Private Credit Strategy of the Year. For more information, please visit www.monroecap.com.