Fall 2022-23 Video Editing Student (Apply via website-All States Welcomed)
Video Editing Student
Are you sick of not hearing from “internships”, getting coffee, doing small tasks, and not getting hands-on experience? Join Dim University; a free portfolio school focused on getting you the hands-on experience YOU want! Our program is designed to meet you where you are at and give YOU a chance in the industry of your dreams. Whether you are virtual, in-person, or hybrid. By the end of the program, you will have connected with people in your industry, built relationships, and created a strong portfolio to secure THE JOB YOU WANT!
- Even though this is a portfolio school; can I still get credit? Most likely yes, check with your supervisor at your institution
- Will I get hands-on experience? We are able to provide our students with hands-on experience because everything we create is to give back to future and current students in the community. Who better to create, inspire, and facilitate experiences than other students of life.
- How do I meet people in my dream career? By attending our career panels, workshops, and watching our content online.
- Is this a school or an internship? We technically do not consider our program an internship, but it provides similar and/or more experience than your average studentship.
Are you trying to gain experience on how to edit, shoot on the go, products, events, and people? At the same time receiving feedback that will help to improve your skillset? While being able to Actually use the work for your portfolio? Each program becomes a mini agency of students from all across the world (We have a hybrid program where remote students gain just as much experience as those students in the Chicagoland area) and all different skills come together to strategize and work on projects, that build Dim and client brands.
If you are the type of person who is looking for real-life experiences that help you and others learn, connect with career professionals, and create paths to get to your dream careers, then this is the program for you.
Responsibilities & Duties:
- Build trendy/classic marketing, interview, and campaign videos on a weekly basis
- Build out concepts with the Dim University team to innovate the current video ideas
- Troubleshooting technical difficulties as a team
- Learn from clients on how to visual storytell based on their specific brand
- Work internally with social media and marketing students to create content with fellow students and creatives in the community
- Have the chance to pitch ideas to the Dim University team and clients
QUALIFICATIONS WE'D LOVE YOU TO HAVE:
- Student of life or college student (You do not need to be in college to be eligible)
- Willingness to learn
- 1-2 years of Photography/Videography experience
- Visual Storytelling
- Trendy Editing/font selection skills
- Ability to handle multiple tasks
- Self-Motivated (Very Important)
- Ability to stay on schedule
- Professional and Polished
- Flexible scheduled
- Strong research skills
- Strong communication skills
- Premiere Pro, Final Cut
- Basic photoshop
- Gain the confidence you need to interview for roles you deserve
- Learn how to confidently network by telling your story
- Ability to understand and create a Videography/editing strategy for a client
- Experience at least 3+ Client Meeting
- Ability to tell the client’s singular story through multiple videos
- Learn how to create a marketing story for clients
- Enhanced technical editing skills