START AND END TIMES ARE FLEXIBLE AROUND YOUR SCHOOL SCHEDULE. THIS CAN BE FULL TIME SUMMER ONLY OR LONG TERM (PT OR FT IN FALL). OPPORTUNITIES FOR ADVANCEMENT ABOUND, ESPECIALLY IN LOGISTICS, SALES, OPERATIONS, ADMINISTRATION, MANAGEMENT, ETC.
We are Located near Hardy and Southern in Tempe, Arizona.
Full time hours are 7-3:30 Monday-Friday. During the summer season some extended hours and overtime are available as needed/desired.
- Our starting wage is $16/hour but people who have leadership potential advance quickly and move to a much higher wage often within the first 6-12 months of employment, if not sooner. We have some flexibility in start pay and offer generous increases based on performance and responsibility levels. Your wage is only limited by your ability to grow.
- Health Insurance covered offered the first of the month after 60 days of employment.
- Retirement benefits available after 2 years of employment.
- Bachelor's Degree is minimum requirement for long term employment. Completion of at least Freshman year of college required for summer only employment.
- Ability to utilize Microsoft Office (mostly word and excel) proficiently.
- Possess strong mathematical, analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Work well with diverse types of people.
- Able to positively guide the work culture to be upbeat, encouraging, and motivating, with effective yet considerate communication between all employees, including those in leadership roles.
- Willing to be unforgivingly honest when addressing the strengths and weaknesses of employees and the organization with management.
- Have a genuine interest in the welfare of the entire organization, including employee welfare and company profit levels.
- Willing to compromise and sacrifice during the summer peak season and adjust to company demands during this time.
- Flexible with tasks and duties, leaving pride aside to respect “grunt work” as much as higher level functions.
- Be able to work with long periods of standing, sitting, moving around, going up and down 12-15 step ladders, lifting 40-80 pound boxes, moving pallets of books, and similar tasks.
Successful applicants for all positions will be trained and expected to perform numerous positions which may include:
- Book Conditioner—Accurately assess the quality of a book per our standards.
- General Laborer—Move books around in the warehouse as necessary to neatly organize them.
- Packager—Correctly package ordered books per our standards.
- Picker—Correct pick ordered books per our standards.
- Postage Printer—Accurately print postage at the lowest cost and most effective delivery in order to satisfy customer’s speed demands while ensuring profit margin on orders is optimized.
- Checker—Enforce quality control measures to ensure the correct item(s) in the correct condition are shipped to the correct person.
- Lister—Accurately input books into our inventory system for sale.
- Listing Manager—train and supervise listers to ensure high levels of quality and efficiency are maintained.
- Trainer—train and supervise new employees including book conditioners, pickers, and packagers to ensure high levels of quality and efficiency are maintained.
- Fulfillment and Customer Service Manager—Oversee fulfillment process for orders, and respond to customer’s emails related to concerns or questions they may have pre or post order.
- Administrative Support Staff—
- Receive inbound calls from customers wanting to purchase items or discuss difficulties with or questions about orders.
- Assist in calling other businesses and inquiring about status of incoming orders or placing orders as needed.
- Working with Excel and Google spreadsheets and proprietary software to manage large purchases of textbooks.
- Physically audit packing of small and large orders of books to ensure accuracy and on-time delivery.
- Issue Refunds for returns according to company standards.
- Receive and respond to emails from customers about potential or past orders.
- Do administrative work to assist sales and purchasing agents in closing deals.
- Operations Manager—
- Oversee all aspects of the operation and correct inefficiencies noted by Quality Assurance Manager (the owner).
- Responsible for hiring, training, evaluating, and (as needed) discharging employees.
- Ensure that employees maintain a fast and steady pace without losing necessary accuracy.
- Assess employees’ skills and motivation in order to optimally deploy labor.
- Switch from task to task as needed, even when not particularly expected. This includes not forgetting to eventually complete a task that was interrupted.
- Maintain holistic awareness of the operation, even during highly attention-demanding experiences or when urgent issues arise.
- When unexpected issues do occur, problem solve effectively and efficiently to determine a solution that diminishes the least amount of the company’s capital while attaining the company’s overarching goals
- Weigh and implement changes that affect the company’s costs and operations long-term.
- Self-aware and able to understand when help or input is needed in order to complete tasks or make decisions.
- Keep calm in inevitable hectic moments to preserve productivity. Also sustain personal motivation in the slow and uneventful moments to preserve the same level of productivity.
How to apply:
Please send an email including a copy of your resume and cover letter, and please answer our culture index survey here https://go.apply.ci/s/7dYCMqLhbx.