Registered Nurse II #14479 – Centralia
Job Title: Registered Nurse II #14479 – Centralia
Agency: Department of Human Services
Opening Date: 5/16/2022
Closing Date/Time: 05/27/2022
Salary: Anticipated Salary: $5,702 - $7,753 per month
Job Type: Salaried Full Time
Posting Identification Number: 10-74-14479
Work Hours: 8:00 AM – 4:30 PM Monday-Friday
Work Location: 1535 W McCord St Centralia, IL 62801-5805 Division of Developmental Disability
Murray Developmental Center Clinical
Please click the link to apply: https://illinois.jobs2web.com/job-invite/14479/
The Division of Developmental Disabilities is seeking to hire an energetic licensed Registered Nurse to function as a nursing coordinator for a facility-wide infection control program of a 24/7 shift operated facility for the Murray Developmental Center located in Centralia Illinois. The incumbent will monitor the review of all suspected and proven infections, develop and review facility Infection Control policies and procedures and provide clinical advice and guidance to treatment staﬀ on the implementation of infection control procedures. The Murray Developmental Center is consistently and respectfully providing quality person-centered support and services to people with developmental disabilities to assist them in achieving optimal health, independence, and happiness and to develop or maintain family and community involvement to the maximum extent possible.
1. Serves as facility-wide Infection Control Coordinator for a 24/7 shift-operated facility.
2. Manages Occupational Safety & Health Administration (OSHA) mandated programs to prevent transmission of communicable diseases.
3. Utilizing the nursing process, plans and provides for the development and delivery of nursing care for individuals receiving health care services for infectious diseases.
4. Provides education and conducts training in conjunction with the Training Coordinator in staﬀ development classes related to health and infection control issues.
5. Completes mandatory training requirements and participates in continuing education workshops and seminars to maintain professional competency.
6. Serves as a nursing team leader.
7. Prepares and maintains records and/or reports needed to adequately document nursing care plans.
8. Serves on-call as assigned for any problematic areas encountered in completing assigned duties.
9. Performs other duties as assigned or required which are reasonably within the scope of the duties enumerated above.
1. Requires (a) graduation from an approved nursing education program resulting in an associate or diploma degree in nursing and two years of progressively responsible professional nursing experience; OR (b) a bachelor’s degree in nursing and one year of professional nursing experience; OR (c) a master’s degree in nursing.
2. Requires licensure as a Registered Nurse in the State of Illinois.
Conditions of Employment
1. Requires ability to acquire and maintain Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation (CPR) certiﬁcate. Requires the ability to work after business hours, weekends, and holidays on a rotation basis.
2. Requires the ability to obtain the Certiﬁcation of Infection Prevention and Control (CIC) within two years by the Gubernatorial Disaster Proclamation issued 03/09/2020, Executive Order 2020-10, and the Department of Human Services operational eﬀorts to meet urgent public health conditions.
3. Requires the ability to work after business hours, weekends, and holidays on a rotation basis.
4. Requires the ability to travel.
5. Requires the ability to serve on an on-call basis.
6. Requires the ability to lift 50 pounds unassisted.
7. Requires basic computer skills.
8. Requires the ability to meet all agency vaccine/health-related policies and guidance.
9. Requires ability to pass the IDHS background check.
10. Requires ability to pass a drug screen for drugs prohibited from recreational use under Illinois Law.
About the Agency
IDHS’ serves families in need across Illinois. Our mission is to provide equitable access to social services, support programs and resources to enhance the lives of all who we serve. We are committed to the core values of Human Dignity, Equity, Community, Urgency, Transparency, and Kindness.