Territory Sales Manager - Asylum Research -AFM
At Oxford Instruments, we enable the world’s leading industrial companies and scientific research communities to image, analyse and manipulate materials down to the atomic and molecular level. Using Atomic Force Microscopes from Asylum Research, our customers can see how cancer cells respond to new treatments, extend the lifetime and efficiency of renewable energy systems and lithium-ion batteries, and develop the novel materials required for quantum computing.
Asylum Research is looking to hire a Territory Sales Manager!
About the Opportunity: Asylum Research is hiring a Territory Sales Mnage who will be responsible for all sales actives in his/her territory for the Asylum Research portfolio and is charged with the responsibility of meeting or exceeding all assigned Oxford Instruments (OI) Sales Targets. The TSM will serve as the primary point of contact for existing and potential new customers as well for Oxford Instruments distributors (where appropriate) throughout the sales process. This individual will work closely with the Regional Sales Manager to build territory action plans which will provide a clear path to sales success as well as partner with Service, Marketing, Applications, and numerous other Oxford Business Unit sales reps in this pursuit. In addition, the TSM is required to properly manage CRM ensuring all required fields are completed, the information is current and up to date, and sales funnel information (such as close dates and dollars) is accurate. The TSM will travel as needed, both within and outside of the assigned territory - including internationally, to attend various meetings, trainings, tradeshows, and conventions.
- Vigorously focus on hunting activities and the identification of new sales opportunities.
- Develop a strong working relationship will all distributor partners in assigned territory.
- Regularly travel to meet with potential and existing customers as well as participate in installations.
- Actively monitor local industry trends and competitor activity to enable proactive development of strategies to exploit opportunities and circumvent threats.
- Develop strategic relationships with various 3rd party companies/groups to create new opportunities.
- Prospect various funding agency, government, association, and customer websites for recently awarded grants and awards.
- Prospect webpages, LinkedIn, associations, etc. to identify potential new customers.
- Daily updates to the CRM system to ensure all information is accurate and up to date.
- Ongoing relationship management with existing customers.
- Proactively monitor funnel ensuring ample opportunity exist to meet sales targets.
- Accurately forecast orders at the specific opportunity and month level.
- Attend various trade shows and conventions as well as internal and external sales meeting as required.
- Utilize video conferencing, remote demonstrations, etc. whenever possible to advance opportunities.
- Actively seek out collaboration opportunities with OI Business Unit sales channels beyond Asylum Research.
- Utilize a value selling sales approach to fully leverage all OI has to offer to win sales with minimal discounting.
- Maintain expert level technical knowledge for the Asylum Research portfolio of products.
- Maintain a high degree of collaboration with Application and Service as well as participate in numerous installations and customer trainings.
- Diligently manage expenses and travel planning to minimize operation expenses.
- Other responsibilities and duties upon request.
Successful candidates will have:
- Bachelors in the Materials Sciences, Chemistry, Physics, or other relevant area preferred.
- 3-5 years Sales experience in the scientific space.
- In depth experience of relevant technologies, customers, and markets.
- Ability to travel approximately 75% time, including occasional international travel.
- Atomic Force Microscopy (AFM) experience is strongly preferred.
- Miller Heiman sales training preferred
- Ability to demonstrate a strong understanding of, and successful track record in, technical sales.
- Possesses a professional network and toolset enabling immediate results.
- Experience developing and implementing territory specific sales strategies to achieve goals.
- Scientific background or knowledge of the scientific market.
- Extensive experience with CRM platforms. Preferably SAP CRM.
- Ability to give sales presentations and share technical information in an easy to understand format.
- Ability to communicate and operate as a team cross-functionally with sales, service, Applications, and other departments.
- Highly developed commercial understanding.
- Ability to multi-task in a dynamic, fast-paced environment
Asylum is a part of a successful global company, Oxford Instruments plc, a leading provider of high technology tools and systems for industry and academic research. We provide flexible hours and a competitive salary and benefits program including medical, dental, vision and 401k. To apply for this outstanding opportunity, please attach your resume and cover letter along with pay expectations, in a single PDF, to your application.
Oxford Instruments Perks and benefits:
- Generous benefit packages - We offer our employees competitive health insurance options, including Medical, Dental, and
- Vision plans.
- Our 401k program has options for saving both pre- and post-tax dollars for retirement.
- Paid Time Off (PTO) Work-life balance is a key part of our company culture here at OI, and we know that our employees do their best work when they can take the time they need to rest and recharge. Employees start with 4 weeks of PTO which is accrued each pay period.
- Holidays - We recognize 11 holidays this year
- In addition to all the standard PTO options, OI proudly offers a generous and progressive paid family leave policy.
- Professional Development - OI supports you and your professional development with $5,250 available in annual tuition reimbursement after 6 months of service.
Oxford Instruments requires all employees to be fully vaccinated by their first day of work. The Company will consider requests for medical or religious accommodation as required by law.
Asylum Research, an Oxford Instruments Company is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, age, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, disability or protected veteran status. EOE/M/F/D/V
Note to recruitment agencies: Oxford Instruments does not accept agency CV’s. Please do not forward details to our jobs alias, Oxford Instruments employees or any other company location. Oxford Instruments is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited CV’s.