L2 Americas Customer Support Technical Engineer
Oxford Instruments is looking to add a Customer Support Techinical Engineer to join the Andor team!
Oxford Instruments plc is a leading provider of high technology products and services to the world's leading industrial companies and scientific research communities. Our core purpose is to support our customers to address some of the world's most pressing challenges, enabling a greener economy, increased connectivity, improved health and leaps in scientific understanding. We are proud to be recognised as the leaders in what we do and for the difference we make in the world. This is an exciting time to come join us!
About the Opportunity:
The Customer Support Technical Engineer is critical to ensuring we offer excellent customer experiences, a key strategic imperative for our business. You will take accountability for;
- providing our customers with a fast, responsive quality service, building strong, trusted working relationships.
- liaising with Andor Technology colleagues to get issues resolved.
- facilitate the efficient handling of customer returns.
- ensuring learning is disseminated and continuous improvement of our process.
- Provide direct support to customers, distributors and Andor staff for cameras and spectrograph products, via e-mail, telephone or where possible Teamviewer and LiveAssist.
- Test demo units in preparation for customer demonstrations.
- Carry out an incoming inspection of customer returns.
- Prepare and ship products, including demo units, RMAs going to Andor factory and returns to customer.
- Maintain and up-date all L2 calls clearly and precisely, ensuring next response dates are adhered to and amended accordingly so that all calls can be tracked effectively.
- Follow up on all internal and external queries in a timely manner. For example, all customer-based e-mails.
- Effectively operate the Customer Support Management System.
- Continuously look for ways to improve what we do and the service we provide our internal and external customers.
- Keep up to date with and apply problem solving approaches to any challenges.
- Carry out any other tasks that may be reasonably required by Andor Technology to support our customers and colleagues.
Who you are:
- A good understanding of a C based programming language.
- Good communication and interpersonal skills.
- A strong understanding of the windows operation system, i.e., installing drivers and software.
- A good understanding of Microsoft Office.
- Must be able to communicate clearly in English, both written and orally.
Education and Professional Experience:
- Experience with Scientific Cameras or Spectrographs.
- Experience working with high value products.
- Experience working in a customer facing role.
- Experience with Matlab and / or Labview.
- Experience with Linux distros.
- Experience reading PCB schematics and layouts.
- Experience using electronic test equipment such as an oscilloscope.
- A degree and / or significant experience and skills gained in electrical / electronic / chemical / materials engineering or other relevant engineering discipline.
Oxford Instruments Perks and benefits:
- Generous benefit packages - We offer our employees competitive health insurance options, including Medical, Dental, and
- Vision plans.
- Our 401k program has options for saving both pre- and post-tax dollars for retirement.
- Paid Time Off (PTO) Work-life balance is a key part of our company culture here at OI, and we know that our employees do their best work when they can take the time they need to rest and recharge. Employees start with 4 weeks of PTO which is accrued each pay period.
- Holidays - We recognize 11 holidays this year
- In addition to all the standard PTO options, OI proudly offers a generous and progressive paid family leave policy.
- Professional Development - OI supports you and your professional development with $5,250 available in annual tuition reimbursement after 6 months of service.
Oxford Instruments requires all employees to be fully vaccinated by their first day of work. The Company will consider requests for medical or religious accommodation as required by law.