K - 12 Music Teacher/Choir Director
- Under the general supervision of the School Principal, to develop students' understanding, appreciation of the art of music, including listening to a wide range of musical genre, periods and styles.
- To identify, promote and develop each students' talents in vocal and instrumental musical expression.
- To lead and facilitate the high school choir program
- Develops and administers music education curriculum consistent with school district goals and objectives.
- Promotes a classroom environment that is safe and conductive to individualized and small group instruction, and student learning.
- Develops balanced music program and lessons to organize class time so that students have adequate time for preparation, rehearsal and instruction.
- Conducts ongoing assessment of student musical learning and progress, and modifies instructional methods to fit individual student's needs, including students with special needs; conducts individual and small group instruction as needed.
- Utilizes repertoire of all types of music literature, as appropriate.
- Plans, coordinates rehearsals for, and directs students in musical programs and performances outside the classroom.
- Continues to acquire professional knowledge and learn of current developments in the educational field by attending seminars, workshops or professional meetings, or by conducting research.
- Organizes and maintains a system for accurate and complete record-keeping, grading, and reporting for all student activities, achievement and attendance as required by district procedures and applicable laws.
- Encourage parental involvement in students' education and ensures effective communication with students and parents.
- Ensure that student conduct conforms to the schools' standards and school district policies, and establishes and maintains standards of student behavior needed to ensure a productive learning atmosphere during practice, rehearsal and performances.
- Coordinates with other professional staff members, especially within grade level, and participates in faculty meetings and committees.
- Selects and requisitions appropriate music supplies and instrumental equipment, maintains inventory records, and ensures equipment is in good working order.
- Performs other related tasks as assigned by the Principal and other central office administrators as designated by the Superintendent.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Knowledge of current teaching methods and educational pedagogy, as well as differentiated instruction based upon student learning styles.
- Knowledge of English grammar, word usage, word denotations and connotations, spelling, literature and other content areas tonight.
- Knowledge of data information systems, data analysis and the formulation of action plans.
- Knowledge of applicable federal and state laws regarding education and students.
- Ability to play an instrument or instruments, conduct students in playing instruments as needed.
- Ability to instruct students in singing, harmonization, and chorus as needed.
- Ability to use computer network system and software applications as needed.
- Ability to organize and coordinate work.
- Ability to communicate effectively with students and parents.
- Ability to engage in self-evaluation with regard to performance and professional growth.
- Ability to establish and maintain cooperative working relationships with other contacted in the course of work.
- State Certification as a Music Teacher
- Bachelors from an accredited college or university in education discipline applicable to teaching assignment.
- Successful prior teaching experience in music for the appropriate grade level preferred.
Applicants should submit resume & applications to Central Office.