Medical Registration Specialist (Spanish bilingual)
OPENING DATE: 05/11/22
CLOSING DATE: 05/23/22 11:59 PM Central Time
JOB TYPE: Full-time
LOCATION: 1313 Penn Avenue North, Minneapolis, Minnesota
DEPARTMENT: NorthPoint Health & Wellness
NorthPoint Health & Wellness Center, a state-of-the-art multicultural, community-based medical and dental clinic is seeking an individual who is bilingual in English and Spanish to join their front desk team as a Medical Registration Specialist.
Location and hours:
This position is located at the NorthPoint Health & Wellness Center at 1313 Penn Avenue, Minneapolis, MN 55411. Work hours will be Monday through Friday, 8:30 a.m. - 5 p.m. Some Saturday shifts will be required from 8 a.m. - 12 p.m. on a rotating basis. This position will occasionally provide back up to the call center team as needed.
About this position type:
This is a full-time, benefit-earning position.
This position is internally classified as an Office Specialist III.
Click here to view the job classification specification.
Effective September 1, 2021, all new job offers are conditional based on the candidate being fully vaccinated for COVID-19. “Fully vaccinated” means 14 days after receiving the second dose in a two-dose vaccination series approved by the U.S. Food and Drug Administration (FDA) on a full or emergency-use basis, or 14 days after receiving a single-dose vaccine approved by the FDA on a full or emergency-use basis. After a conditional job offer is made, the candidate must show proof of full vaccination prior to their start date. A COVID-19 vaccination card from the Center for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC), a vaccination record from your doctor’s office or a personal digital vaccination record constitutes sufficient “proof.” The candidate must also attest they are vaccinated by completing a form on the first day of employment. Reasonable accommodations to this vaccination requirement will be considered upon request by a candidate for medical or religious reasons as required by applicable law.
In this position, you will:
- Answer all incoming calls to NorthPoint Health & Wellness Clinic and NorthPoint, Inc. and check cancellation line for cancellation of appointments and document.
- Register and schedule patients’ medical, behavioral health, and optometry appointments by telephone and in-person within Epic Cadence and Prelude (EHR system).
- Greet patients on arrival, provide check-in, and notify providers via the scheduling system; monitor patients in waiting room to help facilitate efficient patient flow.
- Interview patients to obtain demographic information, verify and update as needed, and create new patient accounts.
- Verify, obtain, and create accurate guarantor and insurance accounts; verify insurance coverage for each appointment and solicit financial information.
- Provide interpreter services for Spanish speaking patients and/or schedule interpreter services as needed for patients when scheduling appointments.
- Provide HIPPA and Data Privacy information to patients and document in Epic.
- Schedule NorthPoint transportation services for patients with scheduled appointments when applicable.
- Collect payments for co-pays and scan medical insurance cards.
- Call and schedule/reschedule patient appointments as needed; check scheduling queues, Epic in-baskets, and Microsoft team chats for appointment requests from medical providers.
Need to have:
- One of the following:
- Two years or more of full-time office clerical experience.
- Completion of two years or more of post-high school education.
- 18 months or more of office clerical experience and completion of the Office Specialist Pathway Training program or the Healthcare Clerical Pathway Training program.
- One year or more of office clerical experience and completion of the Human Services Pathway Training program.
- Ability to communicate fluently in Spanish in addition to English, both verbally and in writing.
Nice to have:
- One or more years of experience performing front desk duties and handling confidential information.
- One or more years of experience using Epic or other electronic medical billing systems.
- Working in a medical/dental office setting.
- Providing service in a culturally diverse area and communicating with a diverse group of patients and health care professionals.
- Writing in business correspondence format and style.
- Handling a high volume of inbound and outbound calls in a call center setting.
- Knowledge of medical, dental, and business terminology.
- Excellent customer service skills with the ability to conduct oneself professionally and handle sensitive/difficult issues in a tactful manner.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment.
- Familiarity with HIPAA security and privacy regulations.
Bilingual candidates who pass a language assessment may qualify for additional bilingual pay and duties.
About the department:
NorthPoint Health & Wellness Center sets a standard of excellence in providing culturally responsive, integrated, holistic primary health and social services that strengthens our community and the lives of the people we serve. We are leaders and partners in a shared vision of a healthy, environmentally safe, and economically stable, self-reliant community.
About Hennepin County:
Hennepin is the largest county government organization in Minnesota. Our employees work every day to improve the health, safety and quality of life for our residents and communities. All of our jobs align to one or more of our overarching goals -- that Hennepin County residents are healthy, protected and safe, self-reliant, assured due process, and mobile.
Our employees receive a combination of generous benefits and positive workplace culture not found at other organizations. This includes meaningful work that impacts our community, competitive pay, work-life balance, a variety of benefits and opportunities to grow. Learn more at www.hennepin.us/employees.
Hennepin County envisions an organization where our commitment to diversity and the reduction of disparities is fundamental in providing excellent service to our community.
Your future. Made here.
This posting may be used to fill current and future vacancies.
This position will have access to systems or other documentation that contains HIPAA data.
Invitations to interview will be based upon an assessment of education and experience.
Final candidates may be required to complete a background check.