Summer Intern - Project Management
Alliant Energy is currently recruiting for exciting virtual internship opportunities for summer 2022!
- Pay: Competitive wage earning between $15.50-$24.00/hour, dependent on major and year of schooling completed
- Hours: 8 am – 5 pm CST, unless otherwise specified by manager
- Location: This position will be virtual. (Our offices are based in Madison, WI and Cedar Rapids, IA, intern must work out of Iowa or Wisconsin)
An internship with Alliant Energy is your opportunity to apply your coursework to challenging and meaningful projects. Last summer, our interns completed projects with a direct impact on our company’s future, including creating customer experience proposals, meeting customer renewable energy needs, and implementing new systems. Interns were able to virtually network and learn about Alliant Energy through a kick-off event, executive luncheon, fun interdepartmental challenges, and other opportunities.
Hear directly from students what they liked best about interning at Alliant Energy: https://www.alliantenergy.com/internship
Apply today to explore this opportunity to learn and contribute to the Alliant Energy team!
- This internship was everything I hoped it would be and more. I did not meet one person throughout my internship that was not willing to help me succeed in whatever I was doing.
- Alliant has a very professional, yet fun internship program. I have learned so much throughout the summer and have been given many opportunities I did not think I would have. I have been treated as a real engineer, rather than a student, while still receiving guidance.
- There are few other internships that would provide the breadth of industry-specific exposure Alliant Energy does. This is evidenced by the wealth of educational, extracurricular activities offered: plant tours, environmental restoration projects, personal career development workshops, intern socials, team building events, and community baseball games. It's clear that Alliant Energy invests in the future.
- From day one, the company has promoted and displayed a very supportive and tolerant work environment. As an incoming intern, I felt that I was given every opportunity available to succeed and my supervisors were very attentive to ensure that happened.
Alliant Energy will not consider individuals in F1 visa status for this position.
Alliant Energy is seeking a dynamic, self-starter and go-getter to join our team.
As a Project Management Intern, projects may include assisting project managers in medium to large IT or Construction projects in developing project management artifacts such as a project charter, risk matrix, or project schedules. This internship will offer you exposure to other project management activities such as change management support, maintaining complex Microsoft Project schedules and tracking time, cost and scope. In addition, you may be assigned to small projects and run through the project life cycle; initiation, planning, execution, monitoring and control, and closeout.
You will have the opportunity to impact renewable energy projects and community projects, along the lines of this team’s previous implementation of electric chargers throughout Alliant Energy’s territories. Previous interns have worked on projects on solar projects, new technology and system implementation, or outsourcing billing.
This position will offer a variety of opportunities to work and learn from a team with extensive experience in project management and change management by participating and observing first-hand how the PMI Knowledge areas and formal Organizational Change Management processes are applied to a significant project. At the end of the summer, you will have sufficient training and knowledge to test for their CAPM certification from the Project Management Institute.
- Students from any major with coursework and career focus in Project Management, Change Management, Communications, Leadership, Entrepreneurship, Business Management
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Previous internship experience in this field, involvement with the Project Management Institute, or other organizational/leadership experience
- A strong interest in project management with solid communication skills and a good team player
- Knowledge and/or experience with any of the following knowledge areas: Integration, Scope, Time, Cost, Quality, Human Resources, Communications, Risk, Procurement and Stakeholders
- Demonstrated strong organizational, communication and interpersonal skills
- Pays close attention to detail
- Willingness to learn
- Capable of working both independently and on diverse teams
We are committed to providing an inclusive work environment for all and are proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/Disability/Protected Veteran.
Disclaimer: The above information on this description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job.
Energize your future and apply today at www.alliantenergy.com/careers.