Navy Electronics Technicians (ETs) are an exclusive group of professionals specially trained in electrical engineering, computer and aerospace. They help operate and manage the electronics systems and subsystems of the world’s most advanced ships and aircraft – as well as on bases ashore.
As an ET, you’ll be responsible for maintaining, repairing and adjusting a huge range of cutting-edge electronic equipment. You may work with equipment used for everything from communications, detection and tracking to recognition and identification, navigation, and electronic countermeasures.
There are also electronics careers that require advanced nuclear training and involve working with nuclear reactor control, propulsion and power generation on Navy nuclear-powered aircraft carriers.
Your Navy service will never go unrecognized, with pay and benefits that rival the private sector. From the day you start, you’ll receive:
· Free health insurance for you and your family
· Free housing as well as a monthly housing allowance
· Retirement plans that offer a guaranteed steady income after your service
· Paid training, formal training and on-the-job training
· College credit at the school of your choice from our technical training schools
· The opportunity to advance your education during and after your service
-High school diploma or GED
-Must be a US Citizen or Green Card holder
-Between 17 and 39 years of age
ABOUT YOUR COMPANY:
The world around us shapes us into who we are. The people you meet, the places you go and the experiences you have can change you for life. In the Navy that change agent is none other than the sea. These waters carry us across the globe, transform our perspective and empower our strength. It unites us, inspires us and forges the greatest defense in the world.
A Navy career is more than a paycheck. In the fleet, you’ll have the opportunity to:
· Choose from over 130 jobs in STEM, medicine, engineering and aviation
· Earn full healthcare coverage, retirement benefits and travel perks
· Advance your education with programs like NROTC, Tuition Assistance and the Post-9/11 GI Bill
· Celebrate your individuality by continuing to do what you love while you serve—from family time
to sports to volunteering
· Make a difference in the world in an ambitious, like-minded community
Secure your future and become part of something bigger. We are the U.S. Navy. And we are Forged By The Sea.