Malaria Task Order Associate, GHSC-PSM
Chemonics seeks a Malaria Task Order Associate in support of the Global Health Supply Chain – Procurement Supply Management program based in Arlington, VA. The Associate will work within a multi-layered coordination role to support the activities of the Malaria Task Order (TO2) on GHSC-PSM. The associate will provide support for drafting key TO2 technical deliverables, including quarterly, semi-annual and annual reports. The Associate will ensure that administrative support needs are met for the TO2 team, including facilitating meetings and events, providing scheduling support, maintaining meeting minutes, tracking tasks across teams. The associate will work closely with the PSM Project Management Operations team to monitor sub-contracts and processing of invoices including supporting quality assurance (QA) laboratory subcontract management. We are looking for individuals who have a passion for making a difference in the lives of people around the world!
GHSC-PSM is the primary vehicle through which the U.S. Agency for International Development (USAID) procures and provides health commodities for countries receiving U.S. government foreign assistance. GHSC-PSM also provides technical assistance to improve the efficiency, reach, and sustainability of in-country supply chains and is supported with funding from the U.S. President’s Emergency Plan for AIDS Relief, the U.S. President’s Malaria Initiative, USAID’s family planning and reproductive health program, and USAID’s maternal and child health program.
- In collaboration with the TO2 technical team, review and provide support and inputs for key technical deliverables, including quarterly and annual reports and work plan
- Field project procurement requests (including those related to QA lab subcontracts), which may include drafting RFPs/RFQs based on approved templates, issuing solicitations, and supporting the administration of the selection process and the execution of agreements and subsequent modifications, under direction of supervisor
- Recommend system improvements and ensure communications are consistent between the various units contributing to TO2 activities by working closely with operations, administrative, and GHSC-PSM technical staff to complete work that requires their collaboration in a harmonious, efficient manner
- Maintain knowledge in own discipline and expands professional and technical knowledge and versatility in international development work through a variety of training resources including attending educational workshops, reviewing professional publications, establishing personal networks, and participating in professional societies and Chemonics’ practice networks
- Liaise with multiple teams across the project, USAID, and stakeholders to coordinate regular meetings, including drafting agendas and providing logistical support (i.e. reserving meeting space and resolving technical issues with IT team)
- Coordinate closely with other divisions within GHSC-PSM including Global Supply Chain, Health Systems Strengthening, Country Programs, and Finance in support of task order activities
- Capture meeting minutes and track tasks and action items for meetings, ensuring accuracy of communications for record keeping purposes
- Provide administrative support to the team, including maintaining files and reference materials, among other tasks
- Recommend system improvements and ensure communications are consistent between the various units contributing to task order activities by working closely with operations, administrative, and GHSC-PSM technical staff
- Contribute to technical practice relevant to areas of interest or focus, sharing information and best practices learned
- Foster and demonstrate a workplace inclusive of creating opportunity, serving others, building trust, innovation, and exceeding expectations
- Perform other duties and responsibilities as required
- Bachelor’s degree required; master’s degree in relevant area preferred
- Minimum 2 years of relevant experience in a professional setting required
- Proven experience demonstrating excellent organization and coordination skills
- Prior work experience in international development with knowledge of USAID or similar donors and/or for a USG government contractor preferred
- Prior experience or knowledge of budgeting, forecasting, and expenditure tracking highly preferred
- Demonstrated interest in global supply chain, international health, or related donor funded programs desired
- Excellent oral and written communication skills and graphics ability to support the production of outstanding presentations and documents
- Demonstrated experience organizing multiple projects simultaneously and balancing priorities; strong attention to detail with strong follow up skills
- Ability to work effectively both independently and as part of a team to foster team cohesion and contribute to a positive work environment
- Strong knowledge of Microsoft Office applications, including Excel, and willingness to learn other software programs to support budget development and review; familiarity with Share Point preferred
- Experience living or conducting volunteer work in developing countries preferred
- Demonstrated honesty, integrity, versatility, commitment to excellence and strong work ethic
- Fluency in English required; proficiency in languages spoken in countries in which GHSC-PSM is implemented preferred
Apply through our Career Center at https://phh.tbe.taleo.net/phh02/ats/careers/v2/viewRequisition?org=CHEMONICS&cws=50&rid=4122 by April 23rd, 2021. No telephone inquiries, please. Finalists will be contacted.
Chemonics is an equal opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and does not discriminate in its selection and employment practices. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, political affiliation, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, disability, protected veteran status, genetic information, age, or other legally protected characteristics. Military veterans, AmeriCorps, Peace Corps, and other national service alumni are encouraged to apply.
COVID-19 Recruitment Information
Chemonics International is monitoring COVID-19 activity around the world. The health and wellbeing of our staff is of the utmost importance to us, and we continue to hire for all open roles with interviewing and on-boarding done virtually. Our new hires and current staff working from our Washington, DC, Arlington, VA, and London offices will temporarily work from home until it is safe to return to our offices.