Interconnection and Incentive Specialist
The Interconnection and Incentives Specialist will own the Utility Interconnection Application Process and Incentives Registration Process for solar energy and battery storage projects. They will facilitate interdepartmental cooperation for the Interconnection and Incentive Processes. They will report to the Programs Manager on the Development team.
• Work with the Development Team on specific project needs related to Interconnection and Incentives submittals
• Identify the requirements of Incentive Programs across the U.S.
• Maintain a database and tracker of said programs and allotted capacity.
• Monitor Utility Companies and Incentive Programs for changes and updates. Document and Communicate updates to stake holders.
• Own the submittal of the Incentive Application.
• Own the submittal of the Interconnection Application to the appropriate Utility.
• Serve as a liaison between the Utilities, once the applications have been submitted, and the DSD Project Engineers to resolve technical questions.
• Attend weekly project calls to report on status of IX and Incentives deliverables.
• Understand the importance of tracking closely with the Development PMs on submittals to meet targeted project financing dates.
• Verify Utility and Incentive data in CRM is accurate and up to date.
• Exceptional Communication Skills
• Exceptional Attention to Detail
• Experience in the solar, construction or real estate industries.
• Ability to work remotely and independently and be a self-starter.
• Ability to travel.
• Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering, Policy, or related field with 2 years of experience or equivalent.
• Demonstrated computer skills, including Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook, and PowerPoint
• Uses sales/construction operating IT/software systems to track project status, record data and produce reports.
• Uses cloud-based file storage system for project documentation organization.
• Extremely strong organizational skills
• An ability to prepare and interpret flowcharts, schedules, and step-by-step action plans.
• Strong MS Office and Project skills
Distributed Solar Development provides customized turnkey PV energy and energy storage solutions to businesses, enterprises, institutions, and municipalities throughout North America. Headquartered in Schenectady, NY with a team spanning across the United States, we leverage our unmatched market expertise to deliver exceptional customer outcomes. Distributed Solar Development is an equal opportunity employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.