2021 Experiential Internship Digital Designer
The Collaborative and Visual Design Services Team provides a variety of technology and design support for RA & RDQA business users. We offer assistance in creating or redesigning a SharePoint site, executing promotional or training videos, learning more about collaborative Office 365 tech tools and much more! The Collaborative and Visual Design Services team is part of the Communication and Change Management function, which is part of Regulatory Business Management and Labeling Operations.
The Digital Media Design intern will provide support to the Collaborative and Visual Design Services team working on a variety of creative design projects, SharePoint Websites, and Video productions.
This year our intern will:
- Successfully plan, design, and launch a new SharePoint website for the Collaborative and Visual Design Services team adapting to current design and brand standards.
- Create an engaging and exciting Video we can host on the homepage of our new website
- Design artwork and digital content for consumption by business users, including but not limited to website content, interactive materials, newsletters, infographics, branding, and possibly opportunities for some light HTML and CSS editing if interested.
- Work remotely, in a highly collaborative, cross-functional environment
An internship with the Collaborative and Visual Design Services team will provide the candidate with a unique learning experience including:
•Working with SharePoint, our website Content Management System, to design and manage websites and pages
•Learning about the web design process from concept to completion (sitemaps, wire-framing, design, etc.)
•Experience and exposure to video production and motion graphics
•Create designs that meet business strategies and align to AbbVie’s corporate and internal branding guidelines
•Various leadership opportunities - the candidate will be assigned deliverables to own and drive to completion.
•Work in a collaborative, cross-functional team environment with an agile approach to project management
•Opportunities to present concepts and new ideas to members of the team and receive constructive feedback
•Insights into the AbbVie culture, and RA & RDQA business and the remarkable impact we make in patients’ lives.
•An opportunity to build your network through project assignments, informational interviews, and scheduled networking events (as available).
- Minimum GPA = 3.0/4.0
- Returning to university for at least one semester
- Currently enrolled in university, pursuing a bachelor’s degree or master’s degree in Graphic Design, Web Design, User Experience Design, Motion and/or Interaction Design, Communications, or a related field
- Link to portfolio or recent work encouraged
- Demonstrated leadership skills (i.e. extracurricular activities or projects)
- Must be authorized to work in the US on a permanent basis without requiring sponsorship
- Understands design basics, layout, typography, and color theory
- Optional knowledge of SharePoint Online and Microsoft Offer 365 collaborative tools
- Organized with a high attention to detail
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Experience working with Adobe Creative Cloud core software (Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign), After Effects and Premiere Pro skills a plus