Center Store Promotion Planning & Optimization Intern
At SpartanNash, relationships matter, and our Corporate team takes that sentiment to heart in the way we work as one totally aligned team, support and respect each other and share the highest standards of excellence. We’re always looking for the next great idea or a new way to approach a challenge, and we collaborate and innovate to achieve our goals.
Location: this internship will be held remotely in Summer 2021.
What You'll Do:
- Project will focus on promotion planning, review, and optimization for SpartanNash Center Store Merchandising categories.
- Will analyze current promotional processes, their effectiveness, and identify opportunities for optimization.
- Create templates and processes for use in promotion effectiveness reviews
- Create documentation for projects/processes related to promotional pricing automation, in support of the category management team.
- Participate in professional development opportunities such as: tours of our warehouses and retail stores, community volunteering, team building, executive speakers
Sound like you? Here's what you'll need:
- Passion for the food retail and supply chain industry.
- An eagerness to dive in to challenging projects and provide viable solutions to the business.
- Requires a positive, team-oriented, and entrepreneurial approach.
- Must be active student going into summer (can't graduate before May)
- Pursuing bachelor's degree in business management, statistics or mathematics.
- Excel experience (required)
- Power BI experience (preferred)
- Relevant course work or projects during studies
- Proven history of solid communication and customer service skills
SpartanNash is a certified Military-Friendly employer. Veterans are encouraged to apply!
We are not able to sponsor work visas for this position.
SpartanNash is proud to take care of the people who take care of our business through our robust and competitive Total Rewards benefits package. Learn more here.
SpartanNash is an Equal Opportunity Employer who celebrates diversity and believes employing a diverse workforce is key to our success. We are committed to providing equal employment opportunities to all individuals.